Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flowers

So I'm all excited and had to share this with someone...

I'm going to be making plaster flowers with my class this year!! I tried it once before (2 years ago) and it was a disaster. However, I think I just fond the solution to the construction problem -- not enough support from the base so everything 'wilted' and refused to stand up. Now, I'm using a cup upside down with a hole cut in it. I tried it this afternoon with the plaster and it works like a charm!!

I think we'll start them next week and then move onto plaster then tissue paper... It so perfectly ties into our plant unit. It's going to be crazy and a ton of stress, but I just know the kids are going to love it! And really, that's what it's all about.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet. Love me some flowers. Pics must be posted when they're done. I'd love to see them. And plants are cool with their easy-peasy hormones that control growth...go meristems! Haha. I'm a nerd. Glad you found something fun to do. *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a plaster flower and how do you make it? (always looking for a few ideas)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a dilemma - I would find it hard to let go of an embie.

    ReplyDelete